(Aliah University is an autonomous institution under the Department of Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education, Govt. of West Bengal.)
Total Department is –
- Civil Engineering (CEN)
- Electrical Engineering (EEN)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEN)
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Islamic Theology
- Islamic Studies
- Management and Business Administration
- Journalism and Mass Communication
This year (2022), Aliah University admission test (AUAT-2022) will be conducted in two phases. In Phase-I, admission for all UG programmes and integrated MBA BBA-MBA) will be through solely on merit score of AUAT-2022 examination. In Phase-II admission for all PG programmes and B.Ed programme will be conducted.
Admission for all PG programmes will be taken through solely on merit score of AUAT-2022 examination whereas admission for B.Ed programme will be taken through merit score of AUAT-2022 examination and academic results.
Those who will complete the qualifying degree from Aliah University in the year 2022 and those who have already completed the qualifying degree from Allah University (not earlier than 2020) and not migrated to any other Institution.
- For undergraduate programmes all the qualifying examinations should be from any recognized Councils/boards/madrasah board such as West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination (WBCHSE), West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education (WBBME). Central Board of Secondary Education (New Delhi) (CBSE). Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISC), etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with a minimum of five subjects or H.S. Examination Conducted by W.B. Council of Rabindra Open Schooling.
- In 2 year LL.M. programme specialization will be business Law.
- All the Post Graduate programmes including LL.M. programme are day programme.
AT ANY STAGE OF TIME IF ANY DISCREPANCY IS FOUND, THE ADMISSION OF THE CANDIDATE WILL BE CANCELLED AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF FEES
Programmes /Courses at a Glance
- 4-Year B.Tech in Civil Engineering (CEN)
- Lateral Entry to the 2nd Year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- 2-Year M.Tech in Civil Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering (EEN)
- 4-Year B.Tech in Electrical Engineering (EEN)
- Lateral Entry to the 2nd Year of B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- 2-Year M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- 4-Year B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Lateral Entry to the 2nd Year of B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 2-Year M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- 4-Year B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Lateral Entry to the 2nd Year of B Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- 3-Year BCA
- 2-Year MCA
- 2-Year M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering (MEN)
- 4-Year B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering (MEN)
- Lateral Entry to the 2nd Year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-Year M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Department of Biological Sciences
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Botany
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Microbiology
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Zoology
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Botany
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Microbiology
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Zoology
Department of Chemistry
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Chemistry
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Chemistry
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Mathematics
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Mathematics
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Statistics
- 2-Year M.Sc. in Statistics
Department of Physics
- 3-Year B.Sc. Honours in Physics
- 2-Year M.Sc in Physics
Department of Arabic
- 3-ear B.A. Honours in Arabic
- 2-Year M.A. in Arabic
Department of Bengali
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in Bengali
- 2-Year M.A. in Bengali
Department of English
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in English
- 2-Year M.A. in English
Department of Urdu
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in Urdu
- 2-Year M.A. in Urdu
Department of Geography
- 3-Year B.A/B.Sc. Honours in Geography
- 2-Year M.A./M.Sc. in Geography
Department of History
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in History
- 2-Year M.A. in History
Department of Economics
- 3-Year B.A/B.Sc. Honours in Economics
Department of Islamic Theology
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in Islamic Theology
- 2-Year M.A. in Islamic Theology
Department of Islamic Studies
- 3-Year B.A. Honours in Islamic Studies
- 2-Year M.A. in Islamic Studies
Department of Nursing
- 4-Year B.Sc. in Nursing (For Female Candidate)
Department of Management and Business Administration
- 5-Year Integrated MBA (BBA-MBA)
Department of Education
- 2-Year B.Ed
- 2-Year M.A. in Education
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- 2-Year MA in Journalism and Mass Communication
Department of Law
- 2-Year Master of Law (LLM)
AUAT 2022 I INFORMATION BROCHURE FOR UG, PG, INTEGRATED MBA( 88A-MBA) and B.Ed.
Admission PROCEDURE at a Glance
SPIRIT OF ALIAH UNIVERSITY
The spirit of Allah University engraved in its motto. ‘Advancement of Education and Culture’ In Arabic “Taqdeem-ut-Ta’leemwa-as Saqafah” which is very significant and suggestive and breaks all the barriers which comes to acquire modern and scientific education. It urges its students for unabating quest for acquiring higher education along with creating sensible human being with imbedded cultural and ethical values.
The University has three major campuses in Kolkata.
Allah University has a full-fledged Training & Placement Cell (T&P Cell) which is under the supervision of a full time Training and Placement Officer (TPO) to provide placement assistance to the students.
It conducts special training sessions for the students to develop soft skills and English communication skills and help them to prepare for aptitude test, group discussion and personal interview which is required for the enhancement of employability and to meet the industry requirement.
The T&P Cell also provides counselling to students regarding placement opportunities and establishes University-industry relationship for further improvement of the students.
OUR MAJOR RECRUITERS COMPRISES OF REPUTED COMPANIES LIKE
Tata Consultancy Services. Wipro Limited, Infosys Limited, HCL Technologies, Nihilent Limited, Berger Paints India Limited. Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Ltd. M/s. Maventic Innovative Solutions Private Limited. PlanetSpark, CVENT, Mitsogo. M/s. CloudKaptan Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd.. Synoriq R&D Pvt. Ltd. BYJU’S The Leaming App. Upgrad, Intellipat. Hike Education, Tech Mahindra. TVS Supply Chain Solutions Limited. ITC Infoted Ramco Cements. RMC (India), Cde Asia, Raison (India) Limited. Bassetti India, DCG Data Core Systems(India) Pvt. Ltd. Unified Infotech, DeltaX, M/S Grind Master Machines Pvt. Ltd. Promtech Infotech, Valued Epistemics, ASL OL Media Ltd. ICICI Prudential, Bhive Design Pvt. Ltd.CSB Bank etc
- For the first time in the history of Allah University, 9 students have got a placement offer of CTC 5.16 lakhs/annum from Arabic Department. Company Name: Amazon. T&P Cell continues to tap the potential for such campus drive.
- Published Placement Brochure for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021.
- Received Accreditation of Board of Practical Training (Eastern Region). under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for internship programme of final year engineering students.
- Organized Pre-placement training on “Communicative English & Student development program” for the 1st year to 4th year students of B.Tech., MBA and MC Aconducted through Virtual Mode.
Nodal Centre – Allah University is a network institute of Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Govt. of India, outreach network.
The name of our University is included in the online application form of IIRS Outreach Programme and conducting live & Interactive courses at our Institute/Organization.Currently, our University is listed as one of the nodal centers to conduct online courses offered by IRS-ISRO Dehradun.
FACILITIES FOR STUDENTS’ HOSTEL
At present, The University has
- one G+19 Boys’ Hostel with accommodation for 627 boarders.
- one G+13 Girls’ Hostel with accommodation for 432 boarders.
- Park Circus Campus has a G+9 Hostel for Girls that has accommodation capacity for 216 girl students.
The Allah University Library has rich resources in different disciplines and provides comprehensive access to books, Journals, magazines, reports, e-journal/online databases, e-books, and dissertations to scholars, students: officers and non teaching staff, The Newtown Library deals with Engineering & Technology.
Management, Pure Science and Biological Sciences collection while the Park Circus library covers the collection on Humanities, Social Science, Nursing, Law, Education etc. The oldest library situated at Taltala campus has books on islamic Theology. Both Campuses. New Town and Park Circus library are automated library.
It is informed to all admitted candidates through AUAT-2022 of all courses that Allah University has no scholarship of its own. However eligible students may apply for scholarship/ fellowship etc.
as and when applications are invited by the Government or any other sponsoring agency. The university will only verify and help in submitting the documents of the students for scholarship.
As M.Tech courses run by the Aliah University is not approved by the AICTE, no MHRD/GATE scholarship is available to the admitted students.
Aliah University Historical Background
Aliah University has a unique pre-history. A brief look at this will offer an understanding of its social and cultural importance. Its parent institution Aliah Madrasah was the first government-funded educational institution in British India. The chief intention for establishing this institution was to educate the children of Muslim families in Arabic, Persian and Muslim Law so that they might be eligible to get jobs in different Government Departments
like revenue administration and the judiciary. However, within a decade the curriculum of Aliah Madrasah had also encompassed modern subjects like arithmetic, geometry, astronomy and the natural sciences along with the more traditional branches of learning like Law, Theology, Elementary Grammar, Philosophy and Logic.
In 1821, the Annual Examination of the Madrasah was held in the presence of many respectable officials and gentlemen of Calcutta. This was the first public examination held in British India. A medical class, headed by Dr Peter Breton, Professor of Medicine, was started at this Madrasah in 1826 for the first time in British India.
Dr Breton was authorized to purchase a skeleton and collect medical books. An anatomical work published by John Taylor was arranged to be translated into Arabic. The medical class continued here till the establishment of Calcutta Medical College in 1836. However, the students of the Madrasah were allowed to study medicine at Calcutta Medical College.
This speaks for the high standard of education at the Madrash in those days. English was first introduced at Aliah Madrasah in 1826, though the number of students was quite low as Persian was still medium of administration in British India. In 1854 at the recommendation of a Committee an English school, in the
name of Anglo-Persian Department, was started under the direct control of the Principal of Calcutta Madrasah. After the Revolt of 1857, the British rulers began to have a suspicious attitude to the Muslims. There were proposals to abolish the Madrasah. However, in 1860, the Government of India, rejecting the idea of abolition, rather recommended improvement in its management.
So the Madrasah continued to exist. Some reforms were introduced at the Calcutta Madrasah according to the suggestions of a committee consisting of C.H. Campbell, Commissioner of the Presidency Division, I. Sutcliff, Principal of Presidency College, and Nawab Abdul Latif, then a Deputy Magistrate.
Further reforms were introduced at the recommendations of the Education headed by-WW. Hunter in 1884. Nawab Abdul Latif and Justice Syed Amir All played a very important role in these reforms. In 1896 Elliot Hostel was founded, with funds raised out of donations from the public.
In 1902 the Muslim Institute was established as a part and parcel of Calcutta Madrasah. The Principal of the Madrasah was ex-officio President and Treasurer of the Muslim Institute.
Several committees and commissions were appointed in 1915, 1923, 1931, 1938-40, and 1946 for the improvement in the syllabi, curricula and all round development of Madrasah education in Bengal, particularly of Calcutta Madrasah. After Partition in 1947, this institution again faced severe problems.
According to the decision of the Separation Council, all books and manuscripts, assets and estates of the Aliah Madrasah were transferred to the Dhaka Madrasah.
It was only at the initiative of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India, that the institutional framework of Calcutta Madrasah was again set up and teaching restarted.
In 2001, the Government of West Bengal, under the direction of the eminent educationist and the then Governor of West Bengal and Bihar, Dr. A. R. Kidwai, formed a Madrasah Education Committee.
This Committee presented its recommendations for the continued development and future excellence of Aliah Madrasah in 2002. Finally, the over-two-hundred year old institution was elevated to the status of a University in 2007.
Aliah University-a State University under the Department of Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education, Government of West Bengal-came into existence through the Aliah University Act (Act XXVII of 2007) passed by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. The Act came into force on 5 April 2008.
Classes were being held in various rented buildings at Sector 1 and Sector V of Salt Lake City, apart from the Heritage building at Haji Md Mohsin Square.
In 2011 the Government of West Bengal led by Mamata Banerjee, the Hon’ble Chief Minister, allotted 20 acres of land at New Town and the foundation stone for the New Town Campus was laid by her on 15 December 2011.
The newly-built building was inaugurated by her on 11 November 2014, National Education Day.
By this time the G+9 building at Park Circus Campus was also completed. So, the academic and administrative activities of the university started at both these two new campuses from January 2015.
It may be observed that Aliah Madrasah from its early days imparted teaching in both the traditional subject of theology and the modern sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
To keep alive this tradition of teaching, right from the start, Aliah University has offered courses in the traditional Islamic Theology and Arabic along with subjects like English, Bengali, History and Geography and many other branches of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biological Sciences) as well as Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communications, Computer Science and Engineering), Management and Business Adminstration, Nursing and Journalism and Mass Communication.
In keeping with the great stress laid by the UGC on the Semester system of education and Letter Grade process of marking, Aliah University has adopted semesterization, credit system, continuous assessment, and letter grading from its inception.
Keeping in mind the requirements of the employment sector in the 21st century, right from the start, great emphasis has been put on courses in the Sciences, Engineering, Technology and Management, so that students from the minority community become eligible and can compete for jobs in various sectors.
All UG carriculum is running under CBCS pattern as per UGC from 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic sessions and steps were already being taken to introduce the CBCS in all PG programmes from 2021-22 academic session.